Host your next event at Th’YARC! Our facility in Yarmouth is available to rent for functions, shows, and community events. Th’YARC includes a 325-seat theatre with fly tower, an artist studio, an etching studio, a costume studio, and an art gallery. It’s a perfect location for weddings, fundraisers, meetings, and workshops of all kinds. Download and view our RENTAL AND COST SCHEDULE to learn more.
Main P.R.- FOH
DBX Drive Rack
Duel CD Player
Yamaha – SW215IV (2)
Yamaha – P4500
JBL STX800 (4)
Peavey 112W (4)
Yamaha S115IV (2)
Crown XTi 6002 (2)
Phonic Max860 (1)
Peavey CS800 (1)
Vocal – Sennheiser E865 (7)
Instrument – Sennheiser e906 (2)
Drums – Sennheiser
Kick- e602 (1)
– e901 (1)
Snare/Tom- e905 (1)
Tom – e904 (4)
Overhead Condenser e614 (3)
D.I. Box – TD 100 (6)
5 – Short Boom
16 – Tall Boom
4 – Straight
Please check back soon for more details on Lighting Equipment. In the meantime, please contact us for more details.
Rental and Fee Schedule
YARC PLAYHOUSE AND ARTS CENTRE (Th‘YARC)
LYDIA DAVISON THEATRE
|“A” REGULAR RENTALS & INDEPENDENT PRODUCTIONS||COST|
|Single Performance||$ 600.00 vs.10%* per 6 hours|
|Two Consecutive Performances (same day or consecutive days)||$ 1100.00 vs.10%*|
|Three Consecutive Performances (same day or consecutive days)||$1,500.00 vs.10%*|
A Non Refundable Deposit of 50% of basic rental fee must be remitted with signed contract. This deposit will be deducted from the reconciliation after the final event. The rental fee charged will be the flat fee or 10% of net ticket sales revenues (less SOCAN fees, if applicable), whichever is greater. These rates are based on a maximum of six hours use of the Theatre per performance, and apply to concerts, plays, dance performance and other professional artist and agencies. Rent charges include the following: use of Lydia Davison Theatre, Dressing Rooms, Green Room, Basic House Audio/Lighting equipment. Th’YARC will provide, ushers, bar staff, ticket takers and Box Office staff. In default of instructions from the Client, the Executive Director will determine the number of staff required for an event.
|“B” NOT-FOR-PROFIT GROUPS:||COST|
|Single or Multiple Performances (each)||$ 500.00 per 6 hours|
A Non Refundable Refundable Deposit of 50% of basic rental fee must be remitted with signed contract. This Deposit will be deducted from the reconciliation after the final event. Rent charges include the following: use of Lydia Davison Theatre, Dressing Rooms, Green Room, use of basic Audio/Lighting equipment. Th’YARC will provide, ushers, bar staff, merchandising staff, ticket takers and Box Office staff. In default of instructions from the Client, the Executive Director will determine the number of staff required for an event. Client is entitled to one (1) four (4) hour dress rehearsal at no extra cost. In the event that more rehearsal time is required, requests must be made in writing to the executive director. All rehearsals MUST immediately preceed the event.
|“C” ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERS||COST|
|Not-for-Profit groups affiliated with Th’YARC||$300.00|
Fees include use of Lydia Davison Theatre, Green Room, dressing rooms, basic house Audio/Lighting equipment, ushers, ticket takers, Box Office staff and Artist Studio. The above is at the discretion of the Executive Director and dates and times must be discussed with the Executive Director for approval. Client is entitled to one (1) four (4) hour dress rehearsal at no extra cost. In the event that more rehearsal time is required, requests must be made in writing to the executive director. All rehearsals MUST immediately preceed the event.
|“D” CONFERENCES, SEMINARS, MEETING, ETC||COST|
|3 hours use (or less)||$ 400.00|
|4 to 6 hours use||$ 500.00|
|7 to 12 hours use||$ 675.00|
These fees are for actual hours of use of the theatre within each 24-hour day. Total cost will be based on the number of days in use. These fees include use of Lydia Davison Theatre basic house Audio/Lighting equipment, foyer/lobby for registration, displays etc.
|Included in the basic rental fee is use of basic house Audio/Lighting equipment. Grand Piano (not tuned), house fly goods.
The following additional charges apply:
|A: Piano Tuned:||$ 125.00|
|B: Fog Machine:||$ 20.00 per show|
|C: Colour Media||$ .25 per gel per show|
|D: Additional Equipment (rented outside)||Cost + 10%|
|Front of House Service:||included in rental fee.|
|A. House Technician (mandatory)||$ 225.00 per perf.|
|B. Sound Technician||$ 350.00 per perf.|
|C. Stage Hands/Loader||$ 30.00 (min. 2 hrs)
$ 20.00 per hr thereafter
|D. Follow Spot Operator||$ 50.00 per perf.|
|HOUSE & SECURITY||COST|
|A. Front of House Service||Included in rental fee.|
|B. Bar Service for ½ hour before show and during intermission.||Included in rental fee|
|C. Client chooses not to have intermission:||$ 75.00|
|D. Professional Security:||Cost + 10%|
|BUILDING IMPROVEMENT FUND (BIF).||COST:|
|A. Building Improvement Fund||$ 1.00 per ticket|
This surcharge is added to each ticket sale and is charged directly to the Patron. These funds will be transferred to Th’YARC reserve Building Fund account for improvements or repairs to the facility. This surcharge is not included in net ticket sales revenues for purposes of S.O.C.A.N., regular rental or box office fee calculations. BIF also applies to complimentary ticket and/or every seat occupied and is charged directly to the client.
|A. Box Office Fees||$75.00 vs.6%*|
|B. Ticket Printing (general seating)||$ 200.00 flat fee|
|C. Ticket Phone Orders||included in box office fee|
|D. Rehearsals: (those not included in rental contract) Lobby, Artist Studio, Green Room||$ 20.00 per hour|
|E. Rehearsals: (those not covered in rental contract) Lydia Davison Theater||$ 50.00 per hour|
|F. Space rental, meetings, receptions, workshops||$ 20.00 per hour|
|G. Table/Chairs set up or tear down||$ 15.00|
|H. Advertisement Placement||Cost + 10%|
|I. Merchandise Sales||15%|
|J. Poster Distribution||$ 2.00 per poster|
*The fee charged will be the flat fee of $75.00 or 6% of net ticket sales revenues (less S.O.C.A.N. fees, B.I.F fees and service charge fees if applicable), whichever is greater. This applies to all performances and events where Th’YARC is responsible for ticket sales.
HARMONIZED SALES TAX; S.O.C.A.N. FEES; ROYALTIES (if applicable)
The Renter is responsible for remittance of all HST payable on ticket sales revenues, and all theatrical royalties. Th’YARC is responsible to retain and remit all SOCAN fees, without exception.
Payment of advertising purchases is the responsibility of the Client.
On-site set construction is not permitted. Organizations that require sets for productions are required to construct their sets off-site. Sets MUST be removed within 24 hours of final event.
ART STUDIO, LOBBY AND OTHER RENTALS:
ART STUDIO – $30.00 per hour
Studio has 60′ x 30′ floor space. Access is by stairs only. Fully climate controlled with heat pumps for summer and winter use. Rental includes the use of:
- 30 stacking chairs
- 12 arm chairs
- Kitchenette (microwave, coffee maker, sink, assorted dishes and utensils)
- Three 4 foot x 8 foot tables
- One 4 foot x 4 foot table
- One 6 foot x 30 inch table
- One 4 foot x 30 inch table
- One 5 foot x 30 inch occasional table
- 4 1/2 room dividers
4 foot x 4 foot projection screens available
LOBBY RENTAL – $36.00 per hour
LOBBY GALLERY RENTAL – $100.00 per month
All space rentals are at the discretion of the Executive Director. All requests must be made at least one month in advance of required dates. Although all requests will be given due consideration it must be remembered that this is a multi-function building and YARC events will take precedence over all other events.
This form takes precedence over all previous forms.
Regulations governing the use of Th’YARC
REGULATIONS GOVERnING THE USE OF
THE YARC PLAYHOUSE AND ARTS CENTRE (Th‘YARC)
- All spaces within the Yarmouth Arts Regional Centre ( Th’YARC) is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- No furniture or equipment may be moved from any specific area of Th’YARC without the permission of the Executive Director. Any item given clearance must be returned to the specific area it was removed from.
- Qualified personnel must operate the lighting console and the sound mixer and other technical equipment. Personnel will be judged by having had the recognized training or instruction in Theatrical Lighting/Sound. In case of dispute over qualifications the judgment of the Executive Director and/or the Technical Director will be final.
- The Client will be responsible for the conduct of any engaged or invited individuals to Th’YARC
- All fire exits must be kept clear at all times. There is no smoking at Th’YARC.
- The Council and it’s employees shall not be held liable in any way for damage for lost of private property.
- Any damage or loss to Th’YARC or it’s contents, including, but not restricted to, lights, plumbing, curtains, tables, chairs, and other equipment, works of art, supplies, etc. (other than reasonable wear and tear) shall be made good by the Client immediately after the rental period. ‘Organizational’ members are responsible for cleaning of the stage, set construction room, green room, dressing rooms and all other backstage areas, immediately after the rental period. Clients will be charged a $50.00 cleaning fee, if in the opinion of the Executive Director, these areas will require more than on hour of routine cleaning.
- As of September 1, 2001, the Board of Directors has instituted a policy of a Building Improvement Fund (BIF) surcharge of $1.00 to be added to all ticket prices. This BIF is due and payable to Th’YARC immediately following the performance, and will be placed in Th’YARC Building Fund reserve account for future repairs and improvements of the facility. BIF also applies to complimentary tickets.
- The Green Room is for use of Th’YARC staff as well as the client. If the client requires exclusive use, this must be agreed on before occupancy of the client.
- Fees will be applied for additional rehearsals not included in the rental agreement. Dates and time are subject to availability of the facility and are at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Use of the house tools and equipment and equipment is the exclusive privilege of Th’YARC staff. Last minute emergencies cannot always be accommodated.
- Th’YARC will endeavor to keep all stage and backstage areas as clean and safe as possible. Nevertheless, certain basic safety rules must be followed. Shoes must be worn at all times in all areas except dressing rooms.
- The use of the piano (un-tuned) is included in the rental agreement. Use of the piano must be discussed with the Executive Director prior to occupancy. There will be a charge to have the piano tuned if required.
- No posters, signs, notices, or any other material is to be mounted anywhere in the facility with out the approval of the Executive Director.
- Any special effects (e.g., steam engines, special motors, pumps, running water, live animals etc,) used by the client must be discussed with the Technical Director and the Executive Director prior to signing the contract.
- The Technical Director must receive notice of technical requirements at least seven (7) days prior to date of event.
- The pre-show technical coordinating services of the Technical Director are included in the rental fee.
- No reproduction of a performance by means of filming or recording is permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages (other than those purchased at the bar and consumed in the licensed area) and illegal drugs are STRICTLY prohibited on the premises.
Schedule “A”: Revised October 1, 2021 – This form takes precedence over all previous forms.